Joel D. Muhlbaum
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Medicaid Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Incapacity Planning
- Probate and Conservatorships
- Wills and Trusts
- Nursing Home Admissions and Advocacy
Joel D. Muhlbaum is a graduate of the State University of New York at Albany (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1985) and the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law - Yeshiva University (J.D., 1988).
Mr. Muhlbaum is a member of the Connecticut and New York bars. He is a member of the Elder Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association (CBA) and had served on its Executive Committee and as that section's Treasurer from 1996-1998. He is also a member of the New York State Bar Association's (NYSBA) Elder Law and Special Needs Section. Mr. Muhlbaum is also a member of the Greenwich Bar Association.
Mr. Muhlbaum is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA). He received this certification from the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF) in October 2000. As an active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Mr. Muhlbaum has served as a featured speaker at numerous NAELA Symposia and Institutes. He also is an active member of the Connecticut Chapter of NAELA (CT-NAELA).
Joel's areas of practice include Elder Law (Medicaid planning, administrative fair hearings, incapacity planning), Estate Planning and Administration, and Probate matters including conservatorships.
Joel has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer's Association - Fairfield County Chapter and Southern Connecticut Chapter. Mr. Muhlbaum has also served on the Board of Directors of ARI, Inc., a local non-profit organization serving disabled individuals residing in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. Joel currently serves as a member of the Board of Health of the Town of Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1988
- State University of New York at Albany
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: magna cum laude
- New York
- Connecticut Bar Association (CBA) Elder Law Section, Former Executive Committee Member and Section Treasurer
- The Fairfield County Bar Association, Inc., Former member and Co-Chair of the Elder Law Committee
- New York State Bar Association Elder Law and Special Needs Section
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) (CT-NAELA)
- Greenwich Bar Association